List of Books available on iBooks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KratosKilla, Apr 10, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Is there anywhere to find the catalogue of books available? I'm really interested in purchasing an iPad and would like to know which books are avilable on the iBooks app at this time and in the future.

2. macrumors 65816

ImperialX

There are too many to list, just like Kindle.

3. macrumors 6502

You can also purchase ebooks from Barnes & Noble and import them. You are not at all tied to iBook Store.

4. macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

5. macrumors 68000

rorschach

How? Don't they have DRM?

6. macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

I am also curious to see what books are available. I currently own a kindle and it's very easy to browse amazon for available titles. With the iPad it seems like you have to have the iBook app to see what's available.

7. paj
    macrumors regular

It's not that easy to find books in the iPad app either. If it's not in the featured list or recently released, you have to know what you want and search on a keyword.

8. macrumors newbie

Maureen in Conesus

Just purchased a used iPad to use for eBooks & e-mail while traveling in Europe this summer. Haven't been able to see a directory of currently available books from Apple (or anywhere else) for downloading yet.

9. macrumors 603

Browse iBooks books in the ibooks application.

Amazon has the Kindle app, and Barnes & Noble has the Nook app.

Also check out Stanza.

I've bought several things from fictionwise.com and the epub format works fine in ibooks. Add through iTunes on your computer then sync over. Maybe there's a direct ipad way, I don't know for Fictionwise.

10. macrumors 6502

Way toooo many books to list.

Take a look at the book store on your device. I'm sure they have whatever you're looking for.