List of games for mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by iBunny, Nov 11, 2004.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

I am getting a 12' ibook brand new, 1.25GB of Ram

I want to know what games i can run

I play simple games, starcraft, pocket tanks, stepmania... simple games.. period

i have a 3.2Ghz PC for good 3d games....

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

What kind of resolution do you get on a 12' screen? That thing must be costing you a fortune.

3. James L macrumors 6502a

4. applekid macrumors 68020

If those are the simple games you want to play, the iBook is more than enough. 'nuff said.

5. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Nice resolution but really crappy portability. I got one last year and honestly, it was almost embarassing carrying it around; not to mention awkward. I mean, the Apple logo was about 2 feet alone. They kid you not however, when they say "full sized keyboard", writing an essay was quite a workout.

6. James L macrumors 6502a

Is anybody going to let the original poster in on the joke?

:D

p.s. the picture of you jumping around on those giant keys doing the essay cracks me up!

7. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

Ghost Recon. Raven Shield. Wingnuts. C&C generals. Warcraft. UT2003+2004.

I've ran all these on my 12" AlBook: 1Ghz, 512MB, 32MB nVidia 5200(worse than your Ati). It does OK. No it's not amazing, but it's playable and enjoyable. I've even run Halo, but settings have to be turned down ALOT!

I would think your iBook will do pretty good as an occasional portable gaming machine.

To answer the other post on resolution, if you keep going proportionally a 12' screen should have a resolution of 12,288x9,216. (I think) You would not be able to run Halo native rez on that. No way. :D

8. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Tell me about it, the refesh on OS X alone is staggeringly slow. Don't even LET me tell you about exposé.

9. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh and just to let everyone know

I play step mania with my hands and the keyboard :) and its alot funner than trying to "dance"

Sorta look at it like tetris? :)

10. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Personally, I've been using my feet when typing and playing games. Turns out, I've gotten a lot better at DDR and the like. :cool: