List of my own posts

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by fall3n, Mar 15, 2007.

1. fall3n macrumors 6502

Is there an option to see a list of my posts? Or at least past 10 posts? If not, I'd love an option like this and would highly suggest it. Another forum I use has this option and it's great for keeping track of your posts.

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Click your name. View public profile. Scroll down to where it says Find All Posts.

3. fall3n thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, cheers. It would be nice if it were in the "Quick links" drop down or can I edit this menu?

4. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Sorry my friend, you can't edit the Quick Links menu.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I wish it didn't just let you see your most recent 500 posts...

...or am I being really stupid and oblivious to certain buttons that would solve this again?

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Drag this URL onto your Bookmarks Bar and rename it My MR Posts

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=5448331

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

8. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Why not just opt for email notification? Threads die pretty quickly so you don't have to worry about bulk.

9. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Literally, yes, but I think the OP wants a way to monitor replies to his posts.

10. fall3n thread starter macrumors 6502

Bingo. The links work good for now, but if MR decides to beef up their forums a bit, I'd be one to highly suggest a great quick tool for this purpose. Maybe that's just me though.

11. emw macrumors G4

emw

If that's the case simply subscribe without notification, and use the User CP to view all threads in which you've posted. Ones with new replies will be bolded.

You can also search for more than the last 500 posts if you use the advanced search feature. For example, this is Cassie's first post.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In addition to finding your most recent posts (display by date in descending order) and your oldest posts (display by date in ascending order), you can search by forum as a way to see your first or last 500 posts per forum.

You can even set "Find Posts from" to "A Year Ago" to find some medium-old posts. Doing that, I discovered that one year ago today arn was announcing our new Windows on the Mac forum while I was rattling on about witches.

13. emw macrumors G4

emw

I love that thread. ;)

Seriously, I do love that thread. It's interesting to "see" the world from a color-blind point of view.