List your printer that works with Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chiefillini, Mar 11, 2007.

1. chiefillini macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2006
    Chicago, IL.
    Well since I am not having any luck with getting the draft/grayscale or other basic color options working with my HP all-in-one I am going to start looking for a new printer to attach to the airport extreme.

If you have a printer that works well with the airport, please list it and a few of the top options that it still allows you to manipulate when printing.

later all-
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Never heard anything bad about Brother. I've got the MFC-9180 and it's brilliant with the AirPort, the Macs and the PCs. :)
  3. bujjai2007 macrumors newbie

Feb 5, 2007
    Boston, MA
    When I had my AEBS, I had the HP 2750 network ready printer working. I actually had it connected to one of the LAN ports to save up my USB port.
  4. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    Canon PIXMA 3000. Works fine with Airport, but occasioanlly has a stutter that I haven't been able to solve. Stopping and starting sems to solve the issue.
  5. scotpole macrumors member

Apr 4, 2006
    Older Air port

I have an older airport extreme and it works with an HP 2840. I originally had some problems with this printer working properly and it seemed to be a software issue. Where I was using Office X or 2001 I had problems with the printer. When I installed Office 2004 I no longer had printer problems on that computer.

On the computer that I process photos, I had problems with the CS suite. I upgraded to CS 3 and at least in photo shop I am not having problems.

If I had to guess, I think my problems were due to Post Script 1 vs Post Script 2. I think the new HP is not compatible with Post Script 1 and may not be able to understand PS 1 scripts.

By updating Office I was very happy with this my 2840 MF. I could print a letter and an envelope and it would appropriately draw the envelope from the multi feed tray with out me telling it which tray to choose. And the colors on this printer are awesome. On plain paper I am getting most of the gamut of colors I get from an Epson 2200 with seven inks.
  6. BRUUUCE macrumors member

Sep 7, 2006
    if i'm using express as an extender/wireless printer to my new extreme, it should still work, since the express worked without the extreme, right?
  7. jpgodlew macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2005
    My new HP Photosmart Pro B8350 works fine so far