Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAtom

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
Massachusetts, US
Does anyone know of a product that would let me listen to FM radio on an iPod mini?

Also, does anyone know if Griffin is going to release an iTrip specifically for the mini? (I realize that the current one works, but i would rather have one that looks better on it)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
You can use a product called FMXtra. Dr. Bott sells it, but I think you can buy it at Amazon.com too. I've heard it isn't the greatest, but it's just a little radio that you can hook into any device with a headphone jack. It's about $20.

I'm sure someone will come along with some accessories specifically for the mini like that, but it's still pretty new. I'm just starting to see cases for it. You can e-mail Griffin and Belkin, etc to ask though.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
With the iPod Mini being so new, it could take a while before these peripherals and accessories start showing up. Griffin will most certainly make a Mini iTrip, however they'll put you on a waiting list for 4 months first. It's a fun game. As far as the radio, I think they make something similar for the regular iPod, which means a mini version can't be far off. On that note, however, one can buy an AM/FM radio that's about the size of a quarter, just plug your iPod phones into that... it'd be cheaper, *and* probably easier. Not as elegant, graceful, and cool perhaps...

paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.