Listening to muisc online?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AlyssaYoung, Sep 24, 2006.

1. AlyssaYoung macrumors newbie

Hi I have a question about listening to music online with my sirius satellite radio acct..... any help appreciated!

The page “SIRIUS Player - 100% Commercial-free Music” has content of MIME type “application/x-mplayer2”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/

Do you want to open the page?

Once I have opened the page, it asks me to download it, which I have done, both actually, the "components for the quicktime" and the "wmp version 9". Neither work

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what I should do now? Thanks a bunch!
    Alyssa

2. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

3. AlyssaYoung thread starter macrumors newbie

The URL is not valid message appears?? Now what?

Thanks for the advice, so I have done and done that, but the problem is that it says that the The URL is not valid with quicktime so it wont play anything? any other suggestions?

4. mtbikemj macrumors newbie

same problem

I'm getting "Alert The URL is not valid." I'm using Flip4Mac trying to listen to Sirius. I don't know what is wrong and when I try to trouble shoot it, I get kicked off for the day.

5. jnette macrumors member

ok.. bumping this up a bit.. I have the same question.

I listen to xm radio on my oc, and would love to get it on my mac laptop.

I checked the windows microsoft wmp page and didn't see anything there that seemed to be what I needed.. at least nothing was mentioned re xm radio.

Has anybody found anything that works? Thanx in advance ! :)

6. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Streaming radio - one of my favorite topics and pastimes.

Check this: http://www.mikesradioworld.com/ and choose the region you want. When the page opens, look at the symbols in the Listen Live column, and then scroll right to the bottom to see what they mean. So, you have a choice of players. Be sure you have VLC Player - it is so versatile.

Re WMPlayer and Flip4Mac - click on the frequency link first. So, right now, for no reason at all, I'm listening to Sunny95 from Ohio (and I am not enjoying it :(). It's a WMP station, and the sub-window has a player in it that looks like a Quicktime Player. That's F4M doing its thing, converting the WM stream to a format that QT will play.

I've switched to WSTR Liquid Compass from Georgia, and its WMP window displays a QT player bar that extends the full width of the window. So, different radio stations have different interactions with your computer.

Re XM Radio - make sure you have cookies enabled. I don't allow cookies without knowing first what they do, because so many of them allow banners, pop-unders and so on. Therefore XM is going to have to manage without me :p.

7. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Along the same topic, have any of you tried FStream, a neat little streaming radio player? It's a little bit picky in that you need to enter the url of a radio station, but once connected, it works really well - and you can record from it!

8. corec macrumors newbie

Flip4Mac and Sirius

I too have Flip4Mac installed and was listening to Sirius up until today. I updated my current version of Flip4Mac and I am back to getting the error message "ALERT URL NOT VALID" I cannot for the life of me remember what I did last time fix this. I have been trying all day to get it to work. HELP! I am very angry!:mad: