Little Blue Dot

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacFan25863, Sep 19, 2004.

1. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    When I turned on my Powerbook today, I discovered a little blue dot on my screen. When I click it, it turns dark blue. I can't close it or anything, and it goes on top of all my windows. What is it?

PS: I attatched a screenshot of it:

Attached Files:

2. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2004
    Try control+clicking it

You may have already tried this, but my first step would be to Control+Click it to see if you get any options. You may have installed a widget or something that you forgot about.

Should that fail, go to your System Preferences: Accounts and look at your login items. Is there anything there that you didn't put there?
  3. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Other things to try are command-clicking/dragging it, looking in Activity Viewew for any odd processes (this relates to the previous poster's suggestion about looking in the Login Items list).

Have you restarted since it has appeared? Unless you're curious about this thing and don't want to restart and have it not show up anymore ;) does look kind of cool.
  4. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Looks like the little blue Exposé blob hack*.

You can fix it by reading this Mac OS X Hint:

* And by "hack" I don't mean to say someone compromised your Mac. I mean "hack" as in, a non-publicly-intended change to an Apple product, in this case, Exposé.
    But, I am also not saying that someone didn't do that to your computer, but I would put "compromised machine" towards the bottom of the list.. Hope you understand what I mean.
  5. MacFan25863 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004

Thats it! Thanks. I did take my computer to a genius bar today to get my "p" key fixed, so maybe the tech put something special in when he took it back, as it appeared after I restarted my computer when I came home from the store. I finally figured out how to use it....I actually like it. Thanks!