Little help w/ A/V out

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by watch4hook, Oct 5, 2005.

1. watch4hook macrumors newbie

Not sure if I should be posting this here but I am pretty sure the people in this forum would know the answer to my question best.

I am a high school history teacher looking to hook up my ibook (latest model, 14") to a TV to give power point presentations. Unfortunately, I do not think the TVs at my school have S-Video outlets.

Is their a connector that will enable me to connect my ibook to the TVs I have at school so I can use what is on my laptop in my teaching?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me with.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I think the easiest solution would be to hit up a Radio Shack or something and buy an S-video to composite adapter.

Lethal

3. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

4. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Yea, I agree with the above two. Make sure you get one that has the right ends on both sides though as you do not want to be disappointed. Go to a radioshack and bring your s-video cable with you(white cord if you were not sure), you won't need the whole comp. Ask someone for a S-Video to Composite Cord or a S-Video to RCA cord. Both should do the trick. Also tell them that you are connecting to a TV, that way they should give you an RCA. Make sure the RCA part of the cable is Male(Has the pointy thing on the end). Don't let them push you out of the door with just any old S-Video to RCA cable. That should know exactly what you are talking about. Good luck.

Edit: My apologies your computer have just have an S-Video out, in that case just ask for the S-video to "Composite or RCA" cable.

5. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Um...

The $20 Apple Video Adapter (mini-vga to TV) has both an S-Video and a composite (or component...whatever, it's the yellow cable) out.

Buy that and a $7 yellow video cable and you are good to go.

6. watch4hook thread starter macrumors newbie

7. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

Why yellow? You can get a no-name cheepo black cord that will give you the same quality for like $3.