little help with a selection

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Teezie, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    I want to put a few of this girl's portraits on my site, and am having a hard time choosing which ones.

Here are the shots in question:

I want to choose 2-4 shots for the site.
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    1,2,5,8 stand out to me.
    why? they just have something about them. focused but unfocused and unquie in and of themsleves.

good work. :)
  3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    My votes:

I think that's a good mixture showing some professionalism and creativity - and you can tell that the girl was having fun. Those are three things I think your potential clients would like too. :)

EDIT: oops, had the wrong image on one... changed it
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    1, 2, 6, 12, and 13 are the ones I think are better. In general the photography is very nice, and her hair and complexion work really well for the available light outdoor stuff. Some of the poses are overly unflattering to her nose, though. I do also like 7 less as a modeling shot and more as a photographer's fun shot. :)
  5. Lau Guest

My vote's with 1,2,5,6 and 11. Sorry that's too many! :D I love the colours.

I had a browse through your work a while ago — great stuff. :)
  6. wingsky macrumors member

Jan 17, 2006
    1, 2, 5 definitely, these ones really stand out. Its a close call for a 4th, but it looks like the majority go for those three anyways.
  7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    1 and 2.

5 and 6, although I like 6 more and 5.

I like 7, but if it's for her, then no. If it's just photos for yourself, then I like 7.