Little help with some audio

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by h0e0h, Nov 2, 2004.

1. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

High folks, i just picked up Final Cut Pro HD and now i'm looking to do some audio recording with my band. I need someone to let me know about:

1.) a good USB mic and where I can get one (not necessarily for recording w/ the band)

and

2.) a good USB audio interface/preamp

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Are you making a music video? You're not using FCP HD to record the audio portion are you? I would think Garageband would be better suited for that and multi-tracking. Do you have it?

3. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

im actually using fcp for some school stuff, and yes i have garage band, and we were talkin about puttin a vid together, so i need just a good usb mic for recording voice overs and stuff in my vids, but the pre-amp is for garageband

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Although I know nothing about recording music, I have heard very good things about the products from m-audio

http://www.m-audio.com

Enjoy!

5. logicat2001 macrumors regular

Hey h0e0h,

Jump over to the forums at OSXAudio. A large crowd of both industry professional and audio enthusiasts with great attitudes. A suggestion would be to post on the Hardware forum, which is for: "Audio Interfaces, Midi Interfaces, Keyboard Controllers, Jog-Wheel and Command Key units. M-Lan Interfaces".

See you there...

Best,
    Logicat