Little problem with my 17"PB

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Solafaa, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have a small problem with my 17"PB where when i am on my bed and have it on my lap where the screen is wider the 100 degrees (L shape) the screen closes due to gravety (spelling). Is there a way that i can make it so that its harder to close and gravity will no0t effect the screen closing this easy?

2. fradac macrumors regular

hey,

firstly a quick question, does your screen wabble when you type? also does the screen close under gravity if you leave it 3-4 inches wide.? also check one more thing, close the lid and look from the side of the powerbook, does the lid seem to have shifted back?

if you see any of those then call apple up, i had the same problem my screen was too loose and it would wobble when i type fast and the screen would fall undergravity beyond some position and over time it had shited slightly back also leaving a lip in the front.

and apple went in and tightened the screen for me and changed the hinges.

hope that helps

3. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Thanks i will try that.

The screen seems to be fine but ist only when i have the bottem on a 60 degrees on my lap when i have my knee up that the screens closes. I will give apple a call, thanks.