little question about pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by angeldust33, Sep 30, 2006.

1. angeldust33 macrumors newbie

hey y'all

a little question for you mac pro's.
    when you start a new document in the word 2004 for mac it gives u an option of using the word notebook template. now that notebook template gives you an option of working among sections. Which is very useful if you want to segregate the diffrent parts of the document or if you were working on a book you could divide the chapters. i am wondering if Pages proviced us any such option ?

i really liek the look and the feel and especially the comment feature of pages but the only hassle is that it doesn't seem to have that sections feature

does anyone know about this ?

would really appreciate your help !! :D

p.s. i am a recent switcher and all i can say is ... why was i using windows for all these years ?:confused:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

First of all, welcome to the Mac world, and Macrumors in particular. I think you'll find this site to be a good source of information for you now and in the future.

Regarding your Pages question, my recommendation would be to make your own template that mimics the Word notebook behavior. You certainly can set up different sections, style types, etc., just as easily (once you get used to it) as you can in Word. Once you have a style you like, you can save it as a template and use it whenever necessary.

Play around with it a bit, look at the help menus if you're stuck, and if you continue to have issues, check back in with us here at MR.

Cheers.