Little Snitch Configuration advice

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by rawdawg, Nov 5, 2012.

1. rawdawg, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012

macrumors 6502

I finally have my new MacMini and Mountain Lion and am starting from scratch installing all my programs.

I am also realizing how much a pain I must have gone through years ago when I set permissions for Little Snitch.

Is there a database out there for all the hundreds of stupid alerts that come up so that I know what the heck I should bother blocking?

Anyone have any rules for what they block?

Did I ask this in the wrong forum? Figured 10.8 would be good because it's my current OS and users here would encounter similar items trying to access the internet.

2. macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I tend to just block the things I don't need or want or don't benefit me or work against me... tracking stuff, apps that phone home trying to contact an unneccesary activation server or what not

3. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Maybe better in apps since not all 10.8 users use Little Snitch.

B

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Any listings for Little Snitch configurations?

Hello, I recently updated to 10.8 and with it have cleanly installed all programs including Little Snitch.

I had completely forgotten how tedious the process is setting permissions? Naturally there are a million requests popping up and it's very hard figuring out what they are.

Is there an available list of which items I should block if they don't serve me the greater good?

5. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I don't know of any lists, but many of them I can easily figure out on my own. Others, I will do a Google search to see what they are before making a decision on allowing it or not.