Little Snitch Question!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. Monsieur, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

So...I finally bought Little Snitch...it seems to be working...unfortunately, the documentation on the Objective Development site does not answer my questions...nor, unfortunately, do the ObjDev tech support...so...once again I take refuge in macrumors...I haven't been let down yet!
    My question: what are the default settings? what is being filtered out right now? I'd like to be asked before *anything* leaves my computer...in the Little Snitch section of System Preferences, the first few lines of preferences read:
    Any Application Allow TCP Connections to 0.0.0.0-0.0.0.255
    Any Application Allow any connection to your local network

and so on...I thought I didn't want to allow connections without my ok...I know I'm reading this wrong...but my thick skull can't quite figure it out! HELP!

2. Mr. Monsieur thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply Varmit!
    I know the problem is my extremely limited tech knowledge...in layman's terms, could you explain what exactly is being filtered with the defaults? I notice that Little Snitch responds to the Apple updates, so I know something is being filtered, but is everything being filtered? I followed the links you provided, but couldn't find and/or decipher my answer there...Thanks again for any direction you can give!