Live bug in 17" Studio monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zoetropeuk, Jul 9, 2003.

1. zoetropeuk macrumors regular

I've just noticed that I have a real live bug inside my LCD walking around. It looks really bizarre. I wonder if there is any way I can get it out. And if it dies could it cause a problem.

2. swahilibill macrumors 6502

3. zoetropeuk thread starter macrumors regular

A photo wont do it justice, it just looks like a grey blob walking around inside my monitor !!! I can't really tell what kind of bug it is ????

4. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

How old is the monitor? If it is still in warranty or covered by maintenance, get it repaired.

After it dies, I cannot see it harming anything. Even if it lands on some electrical contacts, the resistance will be too high to actually do anything.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

even if it was under warranty nobody would fix it. bugs are part of customer abuse. he will die over time. i had ants get in the crack at the bottom of the screen once on my 20 lcd, but i just got some paper and flicked them out. i woulndt worry to much, see what the lowest temperature the screen can handle and see ifyou can freeze him or something. you just better hope its not a cockroach laying eggs in there, i see that lot with pc computers.

iJon

6. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Smash it with a shoe. That's what I normally do with bugs.

7. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I've heard of bugs inside towers, but never in a monitor. lol. I guess you will just have to wait for it to die, then see what happens.

How old is the display?