Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D A

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
I wonder how stable the app is? They already managed to crash it once.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
i say everyone download the app, give it a one star rating and then delete it.

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
Paying for quality news is the way forward - people can't expect quality journalism from free newspapers forever.

I hasten to add that I don't consider News Corp to produce quality journalism, but the model works, and a standard way to easily subscribe to or purchase conent will make things more accessible.

Overall, a good thing which will drive improvement in app and content quality.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm honestly getting kind of sick of spending so much time trawling RSS feeds to get my fix on the news. I think I'm about ready to step back and have the good stuff spoon-fed to me by a team of pros.

This sounds good to me.

murkurb

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
The Daily app looks real nice. 99 cents per week is a great deal. Even though I have a few free news app that suit my needs just fine, I just may buy The Daily.

deadkennedy

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
Thank you Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos to let media companies sell their web content to us, something we enjoyed for free till now thanks to Tim Berners Lee. You are on the right path to undone everything that's been positive in the WWW.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Thank you Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos to let media companies sell their web content to us, something we enjoyed for free till now thanks to Tim Berners Lee. You are on the right path to undone everything that's been positive in the WWW.

Do you buy newspapers or magazines? all the content in them can be found FREE scattered around the internet too. let's end all magazines and newspapers.!!!

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Are you kidding? Rupert Murdoch has been pushing for paid news content for years.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
I guess nobody here subscribes to any magazines? You can get basically the same info scattered all over the net too...for free.
I see this as a good thing for Apple's iPad. This type of thing will help bring forth more publications offered for Tablet device(s). If built/designed well and with easy to read/scan info and charts/links/video/etc this will be a good move and see how far people are willing to go with news.

It's too late. Why should anybody want to pay for something that you can get for free all over the web? The ship with pay-for news content sailed ten years ago. The Internet has effectively killed the content industries, they just have not caught up with the fact yet. Ads are their only chance for income now.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
New TOS when you try to buy anything on iTunes.
Screen shot 2011-02-02 at 10.24.06 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.