Live Coverage of the Apple Media Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 7, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

2. macrumors regular

The excitement mounts....

3. macrumors 68020

samh004

I'll probably go to bed instead of staying up... then again I always say that and end up...

4. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Cheers for the links, good to see such a wide range of site covering the event. Shame that MacRumors doesn't have its own feed but at least decent enough to provide us with lots of links to it.

5. macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

hmm...starts at 3am for me

that means i might as well go to sleep...cya at 8:30am wednesday aussie time:D

6. macrumors regular

Southern

:) You know you will stay up hehe.

Lucky for us Brits that it takes place just after the working day ends, so we can rush home after the 5pm quitting time and catch the live show updates from 6 onwards. Ah, blogging; suddenly so useful for those of us who aren't able to go to the presentation!

7. macrumors regular

Um... .Mac is not less certain. We know for a fact that .Mac is going down at 10 AM Pacific time until 12 PM for "Maintenance" which means that no matter what is announced, .Mac is getting some changes.

Sebastian

8. macrumors 603

Markleshark

5 hours. Getting there.

9. macrumors 6502a

I believe that is called a coincidence, the only facts are the ones that we'll know in 5 hours.

10. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I hate that I get excited about these things! But here I am, waiting, excitedly ;)

11. macrumors member

How about live coverage of the coverage?

12. macrumors 6502a

i guess i might wake up early wednesday (aussie time) and go straight to "apple.com" and see an awesome knew front article then think in my head "how could have i not thought of that"...and be truly amazed at the beauty that is...Johnny Ive.....

13. macrumors 6502a

like a blog detailing what the other bloggers are doing?

"and john from gizmodo is looking nervous. he seems to have some kind of nervous twitch.
    oh wow. he's got a perculator in a suitcase hooked up to his arm intravenously!"

14. macrumors regular

I for one don't believe in intentional coincidence (it's an oxymoron). 2 hours of scheduled "maintenance" during the same time Steve announces everything that's new and exciting in the world. Either Apple is just getting ready for Back to my Mac (2 months before it's due in Leopard) or they've got something else up their sleeve in regards to .Mac.

Sebastian

15. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Fingers crossed for new iPods :D

16. macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ditto. :D

Macs? Do Apple even make those anymore?

:eek::D;)

17. macrumors member

Live photos?

Which of the sites will provide live photos of the introduced products? I read that Gizmodo supplies us with a "TV cam before and after (but not during the event)", but no other site mentions live photos...

Anyone?

18. macrumors newbie

Can't wait...

I hope there will be a video of this presentation soon after the event. From what I have read there won't be any new iPods, just new Macs. It would be nice for new everything, but then we would have to wait too long between special events like this :)

19. macrumors regular

Kaptajn Haddock

How often is .Mac down for maintanence? Could it just be some small change?

20. macrumors regular

Doesn't the sms "live coverage" work outside of United states? :eek: /cry I'm at work to 00:00 tonight :(

21. macrumors 6502

illitrate23

Rdf

there's still over 4 hours to go and i can already feel the effect of the RDF :D
    annoyingly i'm likely to be on the train heading homewards at the time of the announcement - so i've had to sign up for the sms feed cos i'm not sure i can stand the suspence of having to wait till i actually get home

an very much hoping for touchscreen imacs - even though it's gonna financially cripple me to get one

22. macrumors 6502

d_saum

Come on MAC MINI!!!!! I want a Mac Mini update so bad it hurts!!!! Well... ok, it doesn't hurt, but my media center with the old 350Mhz G3 is on its last leg and Im waiting for a new Mini (or whatever replaces it).

And no.. I don't believe in coincedence between the "maintenance" and the event. I'll bet my left nut that there is a major change to .Mac today. :D

23. macrumors newbie

I was at a big retailer for electronics today (MediaMarkt in Switzerland). They ran out of stock of iPods only a few nanos and shuffles where still avaliable. So maby there is really an iPod upgrade coming.

24. macrumors regular

i hope 9to5mac was right

"shipping ipod boxes to the US right now"

if apple does not announce new ipods, would it be possible they hold another media event in september? isn't that to close?

... well, maybe then october? ****, that's a long time ...

25. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

hope we get a .mac update