1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Live coverage

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by Buschmaster, Jan 4, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

So how many of us will be on for this particular keynote? I'm sure I will be. This place is going to basically be unusable if certain products are released. (e.g. iPhone)

2. macrumors 601

ITASOR

It will be useable. It switches over to the MacRumorsLive system, which uses a low amount of bandwidth and refreshes by itself for you. The forums are usually disabled to save bandwidth and, I would assume, to prevent 82349324908324 "LOOK WHAT WAS RELEASED" threads. :p

3. macrumors 68000

Aniej

were forums disabled at WWDC? I don't recall if they were or not.

4. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Ah, I guess I just forgot that the forums were disabled. ;)

5. macrumors 6502

At what time is the keynote? I probably won't be able to watch it but it would be cool to see some of it.

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

9 AM Pacific on Tuesday...you'll just get text-based updates (and hopefully some pics) here, but it's about the best you can do. Apple will post the Quicktime video a few hours after it ends.

7. macrumors 68020

thedude110

I wish wish wish I could be online for the keynote.

*shakes fist at the rest of you*

8. macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

oh, i thought it was on monday. another day to wait :(

9. macrumors 65816

dang school on Tuesday. hmmm, maybe I should try to connect to the school's wireless with my brother's PSP.

10. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

forums will not be disabled this time around. We should be able to stay up.

arn

11. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Wow. That will be interesting to see.

12. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

All hands on deck?

You'll need to delete all those: "The FIRST post about the new [insert iTV's true name here]"

13. macrumors 65816

cbrain

Could you tell me what time the Keynote is in England's time please?

14. macrumors 68040

mduser63

That will be nice. It's always frustrating when the forums are overloaded right after the keynote. This one's going to be big no matter what, because either everybody's going to be logging on to complain that they were disappointed, or else it really is going to be as big as it has been hyped to be, and that'll be just as bad for forum traffic.

15. macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

It's a pity that it will start at around 3.30AM in Brisbane. Looks like I'll find out all the latest gadgets in the early morning.

16. macrumors 68020

Willis

5PM GMT.

England is 8 hours ahead of Cupertino

17. macrumors 68020

Wow, you're lucky. No WiFi at my school (I think), and I'm deeply afraid of bringing my new Sidekick as it would likely be stolen.

I will either have to wait until I get home or sneak into the PC lab and pretend to look something up for a report. :)

18. macrumors 68020

dogbone

So does that mean we *will* be getting the
    after all?

19. macrumors 6502

Will_reed

I'm gonn stay up all night in excitement just like all the other steve notes then I'm gonna go to sleep and hope that the stream will run ok after I sleep and wake up again.

20. macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

I'll probably save myself, keep away from the forums, and watch the keynote on quicktime. This way I get the max effect.

Not saying it won't be hard keeping away from here, lol

21. macrumors 6502

cyberddot

This is the first chance I've had, so I'm not going to miss it. I'll be avoiding the forum(s) and waiting for the Spoiler Free© QT-delay. Who'd have thought this would be one of the benefits of being temporarily unemployed?! :)

22. macrumors member

Lonon

I'm going for popcorn, some Cokes and beers, and 10 sites open simultaneously in Firefox with live coverage. It's that time of year again... snif! :)

23. macrumors 6502

Lunja

That's so sad... I'll be doing exactly the same :D

Will the MRChat IRC thread be up and running this time? If so could someone explain how people can download it, because I can't remember how I got mine :eek:

24. macrumors 6502

Gizmodo.com will have near-live up-to-the-minute photos of the Keynote. They're bringing a special rig with that automatically resizes and uploads pictures to the website within 30 seconds of the photographer taking them. Pretty cool.

25. Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

Yes, it'll be running and can be downloaded from here

You never know, we might have something similar ;)

(although I think 30 seconds is probably pushing it for ours)