live feed help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jvmoore1, Dec 18, 2006.

1. jvmoore1 macrumors newbie

Not sur eif this is in the right area, but here is my situation.

My bro is getting married next month ata church with a wifi connection.

my mom has lymphoma and is going to be in houston (we are in alabama) for treatment meaning she will miss her sons wedding.

I am trying to find a way to stream the wedding live over the net (or something) so she can see it in real time. we both have macbook pro running 10.4. with a camcorder and the church's mixer for audio

any ideas on making this possible?

thanks

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Sounds like you could just use iChat. Might want to go to the church and do a "dry run" before the big day to make sure it's possible, but as long as the camcorder is Firewire in, iChat would see it just like it would an iSight. Just pick it from the Video sources list (and the appropriate audio input, I'm thinkint a line-out from the board to your MBP's line in) and you should be good to go.

3. jvmoore1 thread starter macrumors newbie

what about usb 2.0?

i am looking into purchasing a hard drive camcorder, but havent seen any with firewire...would 2.0 work? or would i have to get a converter from 2.0 to firewire?

4. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

usb 2.0 won't work, there is no converter from usb to firewire, and it probably won't work even if you manage to find one.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iChat/3.0/en/fz71.html

5. jvmoore1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

this is a unit that's consist of 2 hubs, working independently from each other, built in one box... anything that connect to the computer via usb 2.0 is still connected to the computer via usb 2.0, and anything connect to that hub by firewire still connects to the computer via firewire

they don't inter-connect with each other

7. jvmoore1 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok..thanks...will have to get a dv camcorder with firewire

now on the audio side...will i need anything in particular? some kind of software to help with the audio?

8. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

i know ichat can do audio just fine... the only thing i'm worried is that it will be clear enough and stuff

9. jvmoore1 thread starter macrumors newbie

right that is my concern...anything you can think of to fix that?

i havent seen the mixer that the audio will come from, so i am not sure of that setup.