Live forever.... no really! Part 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Mar 8, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Looks like a bunch of crap to me. Both the rings and the research article.

3. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Even if it was real I can't think of a worst discovery for this world. Hell the planet is already bordering on the edge of over population in some areas. The idea of a person living for centuries? Catastrophe.

4. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

i like how the article carefully avoids any hard facts or details of what they were actually doing...how are they going to address the shortening of telomeres in dividing cells, and also, 500 years is an awful long time to live...at that point you'd probably have about a 99.9% chance of developing cancer as a result of buildups of genetic damage.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I agree.

Who would want to live for that long anyways? Wouldn't you get bored with life?

I know I would.

scem0

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

very true...but what also annoys me is the pseudo-scientists who claim that preventing telomere-shortening is the be all and all to aging. That's quite ridiculous also.

Aging is natural, and though we can slow its effects, we're not going to stop it. Eh, at least I think so.

7. Apple //e macrumors 6502

horrible sex life

how are you going to find young girls to have sex with at 450? you better have a looot of money

8. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

Living forever would suck, but living for a while longer until you decide to die would be pretty cool. Don't get me wrong, though, this article is a load of crap.