Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
You know, I was going to wait and watch the keynote stream live (I love watching Steve present stuff that I've never seen or heard about before), but I think with photos this will be worth it. I'll be in class, hopefully it won't cripple my ability to pay attention, but it's a digital media class, so maybe they'll be just as interested.

jW

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I wonder what it is like standing in line for the keynote with all that excitment. I bet people start lining up on Monday. It must be exciting to be there in person. I wish they can have the keynote on primetime TV or perhaps CNN makes it a "live" news event like the president speaking.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I wonder what it is like standing in line for the keynote with all that excitment. I bet people start lining up on Monday. It must be exciting to be there in person. I wish they can have the keynote on primetime TV or perhaps CNN makes it a "live" news event like the president speaking.

I think my friend that's there said he'd get in line about 9:00AM today, so it's not quite like that. There were probably a few people in line as soon as they could get in this morning (7:00AM or so?), but no one from last night. The Moscone Center wouldn't allow that probably anyways.

jW

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
MacRumors is saving me the the couple hundred dollars I would have spent to attend the Keynote this year. Thanks! :)

uNext

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2006
Yeah, my 20 shares will be working extra hard today! LOL!

Just for kicks, I may watch the live AAPL ticker on Yahoo! Finance during the keynote.

Ohh you know the shares we hold with apple will go up.

The american express is loaded and ready to go. Just waiting for the o.k from MR.Jobs

stevecoda

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2007
GOlden Ticket

This is like Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - I half Expect Steve Wonka Jobs to appear with a limp...

cxny

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
New York
Good Old Days

I wish I could wander over to Apple Soho to watch. I remember Jobs announce the first iPod on the satellite feed - didn't seem so earth shattering at the time but exciting none the less but I picked one up (and some AAPL as well!)

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Well, I know that I'll be on a train heading to school while this is all happening, but I should be able to sit down in front of a computer at some point and check what they released.

Hopefully there'll even be something that I'll buy right then on the spot, too.

FriarTuck

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2003
Chicago area
Is there an official MacRumors MacWorld Keynote drinking game?

if not, let's get one going. I'll start...

*Every time Steve says "boom"
*Every time Steve says "cool"
*Every time Steve says "proud"
*If Phil Shiller appears on iChat, one drink
*If Phil Shiller waves when appearing on iChat, two drinks

aleck

macrumors member
May 6, 2006
Belgrade, Serbia
Me too. It's what I always do. It'll be nice to go in fresh.

Are you two kiddin' yourselfes? :)

You will actually disconnect from the Internet for the entire day, not watch TV news, not speak to your friends whom will call you to chat up etc.

Just surrender, resistance is futile. :cool:

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
Gees, AAPL is cooking -- up another $.50 in the last 15 minutes. It's up $1.80 since trading opened about 45 minutes ago.

EDIT:

Wow. Ten minutes later, and it's up $2.00 for the day. It's already done half it's average daily volume in only an hour of trading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.