Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
And if you don't like it, the feature is turned on by default and is forced on you, potentially, unknowingly.

It's pretty obvious that all your photos are moving, plus it's a major new feature of the phone, so people will know about it. I don't people affected will be as outraged as you seem to think.

arn

Reactions: ErikGrim

sudo1996

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Berkeley, CA, USA
It's pretty obvious that all your photos are moving, plus it's a major new feature of the phone, so people will know about it. I don't people affected will be as outraged as you seem to think.

arn
Some people aren't going to realize that they take up more space, or they won't know how to turn the feature off. Like, my entire family that is older than me, besides my dad, have their iPhones on completely default settings.

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
what app on Android can do this?
jeez.. does no one read the comments anymore before asking such questions that has been discussed loads of times...

for the last time, Samsung, nokia and blackberry have had similar camera features in the past, but the one that can most likely claim inspiration for live pictures is the HTC Zoe app, originally on the one m7, then rolled out to other htc models, then put on the play store for all and sundry to have a go/copy to their hearts content.. does this answer the question..?

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015
#Nokia #Lumia #Microsoft

Living-images-2.png

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
jeez.. does no one read the comments anymore before asking such questions that has been discussed loads of times...

for the last time, Samsung, nokia and blackberry have had similar camera features in the past, but the one that can most likely claim inspiration for live pictures is the HTC Zoe app, originally on the one m7, then rolled out to other htc models, then put on the play store for all and sundry to have a go/copy to their hearts content.. does this answer the question..?

Yes, it does. Appreciate it. I'll download this app and see how it goes.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
You could combine a 12MP jpg file with a 720P video? From what I can tell, the Galaxy S4 had a similar feature, but only created low-resolution GIF files.
Honestly, I'm not too sure, and I don't currently have access to it. I've only tried the feature once or twice earlier on so I don't really recall how it went...

Atipotsawee

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
Where can I download actual live photos which can be set as live wallpapers for older iPhones running iOS9 because all links I got are video files and I cannot use them as wallpapers. My iPhone runs iOS 9.0.1.

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011

arn

It's not that I think people will get upset specifically over Live Photos. A lot of people won't even know their phone is capturing them. More people will notice the alerts regarding low storage locally and on iCloud. They will get frustrated with those alerts, but most will also just pay for more iCloud: "It's only $1/month!"

I don't expect the masses to make this a problem right now. It will be the unspoken frustration of 16GB owners. This is just my personal opinion that Apple is doing their customers wrong by offering a phone that doesn't have the storage needed to support its features for the majority of users. It's planned obsolescence at its core. I don't mind some planned obsolescence, but this is over my proverbial line.

Canubis

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Vienna, Austria
Storage hog aside, anyone else notice the similarity between this feature and the moving/talking paintings in Harry Potter?

No? I can't be the only HP fan here who noticed that.

TOTALLY! Few minutes after the keynote was over, my best friend was asking, what's news. While not really being a Potter fan, I know my friend is and only thing I told her: new iPhone can shoot Potter-like photos now… Glad I am not the only thinking like that… :D

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015
"best new feature"?

Wow, I mean it's a nice thing to have and no doubt, but "best"? Wow, I think we're slightly exaggerating, no? A "feature", no, it's a gimmick, period.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
I don't like the new stupid commercial Apple is running featuring Live photos.
The commercial starts off like this "This is a cat.... this is a photo of a cat" well duh.

mr666

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
If the import to the Mac Photos app is two files, where are they? It looks like one to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.