Live Video Production Suite... Now what?

Discussion in 'Community' started by hotwire132002, Sep 30, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, I spent my afternoon upgrading my old live video production suite. It used to be used for a TV station I ran, until I shut down because I had no viewers. (Mostly because my transmitter made it about 500 feet). Anyway, I got a new switcher (Panasonic WJ-MX20) and a new titler (Videonics Titlemaker 2000) and revamped the studio today. I'd like to start providing live event webcasting or closed circuit type deals for events, but up here in Cattletracks that's not going to happen very often. So... my question is... any ideas what to use the live production suite for? Help me out here!

By the way, it's portable--so I can take it to different locations. The whole thing is contained in a rack-mount cabinet. C'mon guys, I need some ideas!

2. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

How about.... filming events. Weddings. Making your own news program. Or a reality television show where you follow me around and watch me write posts.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not to go OT, but where do you find the $$$ for all these wonderful toys you seem to aquire hotwire?

If I remember correctly you are HS age. Anyway, as I've said before, you certainly keep busy...back in HS I was decidedly less focused...

As for what do use your newest equipment for, that's the province of your creativity.

4. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I already do weddings, but due to staff(me) I shoot, then edit. Good idea though!

News program: Have one on local access. Love it, but don't see point in doing another. Another good idea.

Reality TV: YES! THERE IT IS! ;) :D

Anyway, I'll figure it out eventually. The main issue with doing a TV show is distribution... I can't afford to distribute a live show. I'd like to do live events (closed circuit type deal)...but there's not a lot of that around here. Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually.

5. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

This one?

Switcher: Local access station--gave me a unit that was out of use.

Titler: Same.

Triple Rackmount Monitors: eBay. $20

Rackmount Cabinent: eBay. $100

Spare monitors: Various places.

Not a bad price :D

As to the other gizmos I get, hard work pays off. Video production, web desgin, and computer consulting/building services.

Anyway... I'll post when I figure out what to use it for.