Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of today's keynote at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), the company has once again made its "Apple Events" channel available on the Apple TV, signaling that it will streaming live video of the event on the device.

wwdc_2014_apple_tv1-800x367.jpg
(Image credit: MacStories)​
Apple will also be streaming the event live on its website, as users will need Safari on Mac/iOS or QuickTime 7 on Windows in order to watch the stream.

wwdc_2014_apple_tv2-800x600.jpg
(Image credit: MacStories)​
New products likely to be revealed at the keynote include iOS 8, OS X 10.10, a home automation platform, and potential new hardware. Apple is also said to be unveiling more plans for its iBeacon technology.

Apple's keynote kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific Tine, and MacRumors will also be providing a live blog, live tweets via the MacRumorsLive Twitter account, and a spoiler free page for those who want to watch the full keynote at a later time.

Article Link: Apple to Provide Live Video of WWDC 2014 Keynote on Apple TV

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
This is great if your a Tecnology fan but if your someone not into tech it's just another channel to block!

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Hey all!

So very sadly, this will be the first WWDC keynote in a very long time that I won't be able to watch live due to my physics final exam starting at 1PM eastern

However, I don't plan on getting the juicy story any where else but firsthand. Anyone have a clue if there is a cache somewhere (mirror, etc) of the keynote that will be available shortly after the conclusion of the keynote?

If someone is recording the keynote using VLC or something, could they potentially share it with me via google drive?

Thanks for helping out a fellow geek! :apple::apple:

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Hey all!

So very sadly, this will be the first WWDC keynote in a very long time that I won't be able to watch live due to my physics final exam starting at 1PM eastern

However, I don't plan on getting the juicy story any where else but firsthand. Anyone have a clue if there is a cache somewhere (mirror, etc) of the keynote that will be available shortly after the conclusion of the keynote?

If someone is recording the keynote using VLC or something, could they potentially share it with me via google drive?

Thanks for helping out a fellow geek! :apple::apple:

One day after, Apple usually put it in the event section of their website.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Thank god. Now where is the spoiler free page? :D Aagh, I'm so bloody excited!

PfJ21c7.gif

Last edited:

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I thought this was already confirmed. MR trying to get more page hits? or just environmentally friendly recycling of stories?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
the company has once again made its "Apple Events" channel available on the Apple TV, signaling that it will streaming live video of the event on the device.

Note that you may have to restart the atv for the channel to appear.

Last edited:

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I hope iOS 7.1.2 is announced alongside iOS 8 to fix the dreaded battery drain that I and many users have.

:eek:

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Hopefully the stream stays stable enough this year!
Takes a bit to get back up once it goes down. #thatswhatshesaid

3am for me in Australia.

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
It's a pity time zone differences always mean the Keynote is on at the worst possible time of the night to watch it live, but it can't be helped.

I might watch a replay of it.

babaroga73

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2014
One question ..

One Q , for the knowledgeable .
Would it be watchable from ATV3 in Eastern Europe, for I had prior problems with iTunes festival etc?
If there is a problem, could I resolve it with DNS server ?

OK, that's 2 questions...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.