Live Webcam Feed?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thriii, Nov 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2007
    Is there anyway to set this up using an external webcam? What I want to do is have a URL where I can go to see whats goin on in my room (my pitbull eats everything :() I have a registered domain name/site but I'm not 2 sure how to get this goin
  2. macrumors 65816

Aug 10, 2006
    Is this because you want to watch him from work? I see them all the time in places like Costco and Microcenter but they come as a kit and not using your home webcam. I would think all you would have to do is leave your computer on and set so it will not sleep, point it in the direction you want. I guess you will have to look up a program that collects the feed and post to where you direct it. I have a girlfriend who did it to her baby. Google it.

Something like this....
  3. macrumors 68000

Mar 19, 2006
    Perhaps look at UStream.TV. I've never used it but I presume you could make it a private feed. Then just embed the stream on your domain.

Also, there is a hack out there to make iChat auto accept video requests.
  4. macrumors 68020

Mar 2, 2007
    is this also so that if you catch him/her eating on something, you ll pick up teh telephone and wait for him/her to pick up so that u can tell him not to eat that? lol