Live Webcam Feed?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thriii, Nov 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to set this up using an external webcam? What I want to do is have a URL where I can go to see whats goin on in my room (my pitbull eats everything :() I have a registered domain name/site but I'm not 2 sure how to get this goin

2. macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Is this because you want to watch him from work? I see them all the time in places like Costco and Microcenter but they come as a kit and not using your home webcam. I would think all you would have to do is leave your computer on and set so it will not sleep, point it in the direction you want. I guess you will have to look up a program that collects the feed and post to where you direct it. I have a girlfriend who did it to her baby. Google it.

Something like this.... http://www.tucows.com/preview/338756

3. macrumors 68000

Aperture

Perhaps look at UStream.TV. I've never used it but I presume you could make it a private feed. Then just embed the stream on your domain.

Also, there is a hack out there to make iChat auto accept video requests.

4. macrumors 68020

juanster

is this also so that if you catch him/her eating on something, you ll pick up teh telephone and wait for him/her to pick up so that u can tell him not to eat that? lol