Living on a Golf Course for 40 years then Evicted!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mactastic, Jan 12, 2004.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ok, this is a bizzare story.
    Link

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

so friggin stupid - they offered him a job and he turned it down because he wanted to be 'self employed'?

It seems to me that it was just a matter of time before this happened - but its partly the golf course to blame for letting it go on for so long. Oh well....

D

3. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

How'd he convince someone to marry him and live on a golf course with him??? There are some weird people out there...

4. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

:D :D :D

Harvesting golf eggs I guess. ;) Would that be a farmer?!?! :rolleyes:

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Just another sad example of the homeless problem today. They are a very independent lot. Many have mental illness, that causes difficulty handling a day to day life.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah that seems lame.

Get kicked off or take a REAL job and continue to live the... hmm...

I'll take kicked off.

:confused:

7. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta nowhere to lead the pack, at Augusta. He's on his final hole, he's about 455 yards away - he's gonna hit about a two-iron I think. Oh he got all of that one! The crowd is standing on its feet here, the normally reserved Augusta crowd - going wild - for this young Cinderella, he's come outta nowhere, he's got about 350 yards left, he's gonna hit about a five-iron, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing - that's - Oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta nowhere, a former greenskeeper now - about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac - IT'S IN THE HOLE!!

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Just remember to think like an animal, and whenever possible look like one. :D

And caddying for the Dali Lama, he most likely received total consciousness - so he's got that going for him.

D

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Truly bizarre. The fact that he has a wife perplexes me even more than how he convinced the course people to allow him to stay there after hours or how he actually turned down a job. :rolleyes: