[Livingstone] is suspended over Nazi jibe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 24, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

also on that page:
    so what's up, londoners and other brits? the suspension seems a bit extreme to me, what's the buzz over there?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It may have been a stupid thing to say, and I am by no means a Livingstone fan, but I do think this whole thing is absolutely ridiculous.

3. toontra macrumors 6502

Finegold is a typical scummy tabloid journalist who deliberately and repeatedly provoked Livingstone leaving a party at night when he was (probably) slightly drunk. He knew what he was after and he got it. Big deal. I'm no great fan of Livingstone either but he doesn't deserve this.

BTW the Daily Mail is about the most reactionary paper here, in may ways worse than the proletariat tabloids because to tries to appeal to the would-be middle classes - YAK!

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

This is bloody ridiculous,the reporter is a well known twat.I can't see anything offensive in what Livingstone said(the reporter being Jewish should be more aware than most about his behaviour).For an unelected panel to suspend a elected mayor is too ridiculous for words.They are going to the high court to get an injunction and then are hoping for judical review.