1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Loadcycles and age on new MBA...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vistokid, Jul 21, 2011.

1. vistokid, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

macrumors regular

Picked up a new 13" base from the Apple Store today. Ran coconut battery and my battery is at 3 loadcycles and my mac is 26 weeks old.

What do yours say? Is 3 cycles on a new one normal?

2. macrumors 6502a

When I first looked, it said 2 cycles. I'm not sure what it was out of the box though.

Here's the order of things I did:

1) Opened it up in the car (I was in the passenger seat, lucky I didn't have to drive myself today -- saved on gas, went shopping with my mom... also lucky: I apparently have a $1000 debit limit which I didn't know about, so she helped cover the extra $150+ taxes temporarily).
    2) Turned it on to look at it for a few seconds (to make sure I wasn't driving away with a lemon).
    3) Once I got home, turned it on and plugged it in to charge (had an 86% charge out of the box).
    4) Charged to 100% then used it down to 3% battery charge.
    5) Plugged it in to charge for the second time, and looked at the cycles, and cycles said 2.

3. macrumors regular

1 loadcycle, 24 weeks old.

4. macrumors 604

1 load cycle. 22 weeks old. I don't quite understand the 22 weeks and I wonder if it's an issue with coconutBattery itself.

5. macrumors regular

You guys think I should take mine back? 3 load cycles is a bit much I think.