Loaded XP on my 24" iMAC - Easy

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Xirtic88, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Xirtic88 macrumors newbie

I bought this iMac last week. My first ever MAC purchase as I am a Windows Administrator. Ugggggg. I love this MAC.
    Anyways, I had to slip stream SP2 into my XP image but the directions I found in a post from this forum made it very simple. Running boot camp was very easy. I printed the PDF instructions that came with boot camp and followed it precisely. Less than an hour later I was playing Oblivion on high graphics. The graphics are amazing in that game. Even the outside areas were smooth and very detailed.

Thanks to SiliconAddict for supplying a great post and this link from the Slip Streaming thread:
    http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Yeah just finished setting up XP on my Mac as well. Was pretty surprised how quick it was (except for the fact that I put a SP1 XP disk in by mistake at first and got myself into a bit of a problem with that).

Still waiting to see what the graphics are like though :).

3. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

whoa, I also have a 24" iMac and I know the feeling! it's great to dual boot :D

Congratulations for making the switch, I hope you're enjoying that big white beast :p

Anyway, just a premonition, any minute now someone is gonna post in this thread saying that you mispelled Mac.
    It's typed Mac (short for Macintosh) not MAC (because its not an acronym or whatever) :) just wanted to let you know that it will probably happen :D eheheh, congrats again!

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

anybody else find these two statements together to be strange? :confused:

congrats on that new, fast, beautiful machine!

5. Xirtic88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha... Were all idiots in some way. :D I work in a large environment and other teams, such as SMS, handle updating. I knew what it was, I just never had a reason to do it before. I see its pretty basic. The instructions saved me from having to figure it out myself, which is always nice.

6. alaibubu macrumors member

I also have the 24" iMac and have installed XP succesfully. I noticed during installation of XP that it seemed slow and lagging compared to when I installed it on my 2 year old AMD64 3200. After installing the drivers all seem to be well though. Is this normal?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, that's what drivers are for, to allow the OS to take full use of the hardware.

8. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

To the OP,

As a windows admin then you will love this lil' utility...It brought me memories of old dos dual boot options and bios editing

http://refit.sourceforge.net/