Loading problems with 10.4.8

Discussion in 'macOS' started by reykjavik, Nov 9, 2006.

1. reykjavik macrumors 6502

Is anyone else having loading issues on their mac with the latest update (10.4.8)? I find that rarely will web pages load fully or load at all. This happens regardless of what browser I use, or how full/empty the cache is. It also has nothing to do with my internet connection because I switched from DSL to Cable and the exact same problem happened on both to the same degree. Thus it must be a Mac issue.

Anyone else have this problem? Its very annoying and I often times have to click on a site 2 or 3 times in order for it to even complete loading..

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. If you download a largish file from a website, does it download as quickly as it did pre-10.4.8? If you create a new user account in System Preferences, do the problems carry over? Have you made any other changes to the computer other than upgrade to 10.4.8? Have you tried reinstalling the 10.4.8 combo update (Intel or PPC)? Downloading this combo update might be a good test of your connection. :)

3. reykjavik thread starter macrumors 6502

The download went fast and smooth with no stops. This seems to be a web http based issue as opposed to a download issue. I did reinstall 10.4.8 but alas, the problem still seems to be there. I haven't tried the new user account option as I never do because the result is useless. Even if it doesn't carry over, theres no way in hell I'd start as a whole new user just for this. The only thing, internet wise, that I have added was the latest Inquisitor (although this is only safari and the problem seems to be coss browsers) and thats all I can really think of....

This has actually happened before but last time it was much worse. What fixed it was an OS Update.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The purpose of creating a new user account is to see if the problem carries over. If it doesn't then you can pretty safely say the problem lies within your original account's Home folder. It's a good way of narrowing down what the possible problem could be caused by. :)

5. reykjavik thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem fixed. This was a DNS issue, I reset the power on my mac, modem and router and switched airport to top priority in network settings and that fixed everything (along with a basic cache reset). ahh....fast internet loading, you don't know what you got till its gone..but now its back!