Local IP Address Affect Shared Printing?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bobber205, Sep 8, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

My macbook, set with dmzplus, can't seem to connect to the printer on our local network, while another wireless computer, the mini, can.

The only difference between the two is the dmzplus and the non-local ip address.

I suspect this is the problem... am I right?

2. CyberB0b macrumors regular

CyberB0b

Yes, the printer should only allow connections from local ip addresses. what is dmzplus?

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Here's what my information says about it.

Set the selected computer in DMZplus mode. All inbound traffic, except traffic which has been specifically assigned to another computer using the “Allow individual applications” feature, will automatically be directed to this computer. The DMZplus-enabled computer is less secure because all unassigned firewall ports are opened for that computer.

But shouldn't I be allowed to print to a remote printer with proper permissions?

4. kyleaa macrumors regular

This is a DMZ function on the router? This should not be affecting your ability to print at all, because the computer should still have a local IP address to your local subnet, while the router just forwards any incoming traffic from the outside to that computer.