Local PC World offers £600($1103) discount on Mac!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Matty P, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Matty P macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2003
    I had to go to PC World today to get some PC thing for my sisters Windows machine and thought I would go check out the usually crappy Mac stand. As per usual the stand was very badly organized and looked a mess but there was one thing that caught my eye. They had on display a G5 1.8Ghz SP as per usual spec and a 20" Monitor for just under£1500($2759). I thought that maybe this was wrong but the sales guy said yep it is true but there is a 2 week wait on an order! If you go to the Apple Store the whole thing costs £2098($3860), thats a £600($1103) saving!!!!!!! I just can't believe it but it's true. I was going to buy a 17" iMac after Xmas but now I'm going to PC World on Sunday to order my PowerMac and 20'' monitor
  2. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    umm, i'm not sure how it's done in the UK, but here the sales/ads usually change on sunday, and it might just be this week. that's an incredible savings!! btw, that's $39 less than the US price.