Localized String Not Found?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac-er, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

Okay, I am convinced Safari 1.3 is the worst build ever sent out by Apple (at least in my experience).

Besides the browser shutting down everytime a Java applet tries to load or when the browser tries to open a window (i.e. I go to www.cbs.com and try to play video), it is screwing up something else.

When I option+click on an image, the pop-up is screwed up. Half the options listed (Bookmark link, save, etc) will say "localized string not found".

I have also seen "localized string not found" on some links on a few websites (cannot remember which ones off the top of my head).

What is this "localized string not found"?

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

The java applet problem is actually a result of the 10.3.9 update breaking java altogether on most systems.

A fix for that is to download and install the 2005-002 Security Update from apple.com.

The localized string error happens if your OS is set to use a language that Safari claims to have translations for, but in this case these translations can't be found.

3. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Awesome. Thanks for the link. Seems to have fixed my Java problem (I know, I know, the answer was in the 10.3.9 thread).

Is there anyway to fix the "localized string..."? I assume 10.3.9 did that because it didn't do that before.

4. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Which language is your OS set to?