Location of bookmark.plist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sogo, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Sogo macrumors 6502

Now to my understanding its user/library/safari/bookmark.plist but to he honest with you all, i cant find it. i look under library but i see no safari folder...Am I going crazy?

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

That's the correct location. Are you sure you looked in the right Library folder? Make sure you look in your user's Library and not the computer's Library.

3. Sogo thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea im sure i didnt go into the system one which would be

user/system/library/safari..... :( sadness

[​IMG]

Am i wrong? Do i have to show hidden files? and if so, where do i go about doing it?

4. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

That's still not the right Library. There are three libraries, located at:
    • /Library
    • /System/Library
    • ~/Library (where ~ represents your home folder)
    You want to look in the last one. Click on your home folder on the sidebar (where it says "Sogo" next to the icon of a house), then look in the Library that's in there.

Edit: Just to elaborate, when you click on you computer's icon in the sidebar (where it says "So)(go"), this shows the top level of your hard disk. The items here have nothing to do with the current user. You can get to the current user's home folder from here by looking in /Users/[username]. The home icon on the sidebar is a shortcut to this folder.

So when you look at ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist, you're actually looking at /Users/Sogo/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist.

Hopefully this will make things a bit clearer.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

6. Sogo thread starter macrumors 6502

Whoa...I did not know there was a third library...Thanks, solves everything for me. *happy*

Edit: Oh yea! Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!