Location of System Icons?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kenyabob, Dec 12, 2003.

1. kenyabob macrumors regular

Anyone know where the system icons for the iapps and what not are? Im sure this is a simple question, just not sure where they are....

2. kenyabob thread starter macrumors regular

nevermind I realized their icons are accesible simply inside the info pane, not tucked away in a sytem.dll like in windows, sorry for the brainfart

3. NP3 macrumors regular

very true. most of the icons are accessible from the info window. If you want to change the default system icons, such as the new folder icon, or the default hard drive icon try the application CandyBar

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yes candybar is one of the best apps out there. i used it once, never had to think about it again... got my icons just how i want them, worry free. nice new slick folders instead of those crappy ones that come with X.

paul

5. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

I just copied my icons into the information panel to customize what I wanted to customize.

Then when I want the original ones I just click delete and poof! back to normal.

This is just one of the examples that makes using a Mac difficult for me... things are so simple I spend hours looking for a more difficult way to do things.. I guess that's what Windows taught me. :p