Lock screen dimensions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bill Killer, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Bill Killer, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

macrumors 6502

Hi. I was curious if somebody could help me figure out lock screen dimensions. Namely:

[​IMG]

I'm referring to the three distinct areas of the lock screen: the date/time area, the open photo space, and the swipe to unlock area.

I'm asking for the iPhone 5 1136x640 screen.

Any help would be great! Thank you!

2. macrumors 6502a

The only workaround I could think of is setting some sort of grid as your lock screen and counting squares. Simple, not very effective, but possibly the only solution in the meantime.

3. macrumors 6502

Don't know if I misunderstood you, but do a screen capture (Lock + Home) and send the resulting photo to your computers and count pixels?!

And in case you want physical dimensions, after you counted the pixels, you am derive the dimensions with the knowledge that the screen has 326dpi?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

That's actually not a bad idea. Rudimentary, sure, but it could get the job done for my simplistic need. Thank you!

----------

And this completely escaped my thought process. This makes too much sense. Thanks!

----------

That worked.

If anybody wants an approximation (very close approximation at that):

Top banner: 40 pixels
    Top (Date/Time): 190 pixels
    Middle (open area): 716 pixels
    Bottom (swipe): 190

5. macrumors 6502

You're welcome. And thanks for posting the heights of the different elements. Saved.