Lock screen during call to disable mute FaceTime

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by pcunite, Oct 27, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Nov 26, 2010
    Is there a way to lock the screen or disable the screen on an iPhone 4 iOS 5 device while during a call? I am repeatly muting calls or somehow my face is pressing the FaceTime button.
  2. macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2011
    Your proximity sensor should turn the screen off. Do you have a screen protector or something blocking it?
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2007
    Jailbreak get Calllock it auto locks screen to prevent the proximity sensor issue.
  4. pcunite, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

thread starter macrumors member

Nov 26, 2010
    I have the OtterBox Impact, but also have a matte screen over the proximity sensor. Perhaps if I shade the matte cover with a sharpie?
  5. Lukeyy19, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2010
    England, UK
    I had this problem using a case that just clipped round the edge, it didn't even touch the front of the phone and yet I still kept muting people with my face.

never happened with a Bumper, which covered more of the front face of the iPhone, totally confused me, so now i just don't bother with a case, it looks much nicer without it anyway.

a way I found of getting round it while on a call, is to bring up the keypad, yes you may press a few numbers with your face, but at least it can't mute.
  6. macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2008
    Just lock the screen with the sleep/wake button. It will bring you to the lock screen at first, but the screen will then go off, or you can force it to actually go off when you press sleep/wake again.