Lock screen glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cynics, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 604

cynics

It's tough for me to have a useful search via tapatalk so if this has been mentioned I apologize and would appreciate a link.

Regardless this JUST started on my phone (4S iOS 7).

Normally when I would unlock my phone I'd get a keypad with the numbers circled and dots at the top showing I typed in each digit like this.

[​IMG]

But NOW when I use a black background which I always have (I like the contrast) I get this.

[​IMG]

When I type there is no indications that a key has been pressed what so ever. This makes it surprisingly annoying to unlock my phone. However it does still unlock.

Anyone experienced this? If so how do I fix it?

----------

Btw, I've reset the phone and have tried multiple backgrounds. It just doesn't work on black. It's odd because that is just a picture of black I took with the camera covered. And like I mentioned this just started out of the blue.

Please don't say "restore from new" every issue this phone has I have to restore from new. Why even back it up right? Lol

2. macrumors 6502

Try this image. Black, and working for me...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380080648.858689.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380080656.373507.jpg

3. thread starter macrumors 604

cynics

Thanks for your help but it's exactly the same. Very strange and annoying bug I seem to have.

I tried dark images (nightspots not black) and they work just fine. I could experiment more but what's the point? Just another compromise I'll make with buggy software.

Thanks anyway.

4. macrumors 6502

You don't have "increase contrast" or "bold" on in the accessibility settings do you?

5. thread starter macrumors 604

cynics

Nope.

6. thread starter macrumors 604

cynics

Hmm I guess I found the solution, oddly enough. I would still call it a glitch but just annoying nothing permanent.

Last night when I was checking all this I was in a dark room with auto brightness set to the minimum. Once I bumped the brightness up it fixed itself. Now even back on minimum brightness everything is working like it should.

Strange if nothing else especially considering it only did that with black backgrounds.

7. macrumors 6502

Wow, that is odd

8. macrumors 6502a

happened also on iPhone 5.