Locked Files?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Optimus Rhyme, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Optimus Rhyme macrumors regular

Hi guys.

I am now the proud owner for a C2D Macbook and I've really been enjoying it so far! Havent found one thing I don't like yet, but I'm sure over time I'll have small gripes.

Heres my current problem though.

I copied over my music from DVDR to my Mac today, and after doing that, one folder that contains roughly 2 gigs of music which holds my Pop music cannot be edited. Everything else that I copied I can edit without a problem. What am I doing wrong?

While copying some other files into my Pop folder, it would ask me for a password every time. If I go into Itunes and try to edit the file info, it will not do it at all. It almost seems as if it thinks the files are still on the DVDR. I can edit any other song I copied over, so I'm puzzled.

Any help would be great, thanks guys.

2. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Try viewing the permissions on the files in question (Right Click->get info). In order to edit a file you need both read AND write premissions.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Additionally try running disk utility. May be it fixes it.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

What he said.

5. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, that seems to have been the ticket. My problem was that I didnt see read and write originally, as it was down at the bottom of the info, and I was trying to right click the folder, which would bring up the info for the folder I was in, not the one I was clicking on.

Either way, it's all worked out now. Thanks again.