Locked out from CA Illegals and driver's licensing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ancient mermaid, Sep 24, 2004.

1. ancient mermaid macrumors newbie

I guess I'm late on this one, but felt compelled to say something. As a long-time CA resident and as one who has also lived in Mexico, I appreciate the comment that the Feds have done little to help resolve this issue. I think that the State could have collaborated with the Feds to devise workable programs to address this issue to the satisfaction of all long ago.

I am concerned about the so called activists who are calling for strikes, etc., rather than working through the legislature via a decent bill. I know it's not funny and probably wouldn't happen, but if there was a huge strike as has been threatened, what's to keep the INS from surrounding and deporting the lot of them? What are they thinking?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

California recognizes the problem of illegals, they want to tax them and recover a billion dollars a year in tax revenue.

Which means getting the fed to back a new form of taxpayer ID, relaxing some of the cross-the-border work rules, and getting the states to back allowing them driver's licenses.