iPhone Lockscreen Hide for iOS 6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Beatbeckham, Feb 5, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hi guys. Anyone knows a tweek that can hide the clock at the lockscreen, need it for my iPhone 5 for using Forecast tweak.

2. macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Just tried it Springtomize 2 does.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

thanks!

4. macrumors 68000

pooleman

I have a similar question. Does anyone know of a way to completely remove the shaded bars for the lockscreen clock and slider that doesn't use Winterboard? I prefer to keep winterboard off my phone. Does Springtomize do this? And if it does is it even possible to download Springtomize right now? Last I checked it just failed at every download attempt.

I'm also not all that into theming and changing the look of the iPhone. I just want a nice bright lock screen, Intelliscreen (which I already downloaded), and a way to tether or create a hotspot (which I will buy on payday).

5. macrumors 68000

pooleman

No answers yet? Bummer.

6. macrumors member

Also looking for this. I used to have a tweak with my 4s that did this but I cant remember what it was :(.

7. macrumors member

TeamHotch

LockScreen Settings used to be great.. It could hide the clock, slider and charging battery etc to just give you a nice clear lock screen. But since 6.1 i cant get it working. I emailed the Dev but no joy yet.

8. macrumors newbie

Lockscreen Clock Hide is better than using Springtomize. IIRC, if you use Springtomize to remove the clock, it breaks the double press of the home button to show the music controls. But with Lockscreen Clock Hide, you'd still be able to access that feature.

9. macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

By way of springtomize 2 does the job ok for me.

Thanks for the heads up in regards to the music controls.

10. macrumors 68020

Agent-P

I found this thread via a google search as I was searching for the same solution as the OP and I didn't want to use Winterboard. I'm on 6.1 and Lockscreen Settings is working perfectly for me. Maybe the app was updated between the time of your post and today.

Though I have a question, do you happen to know if I can change the font Lockscreen Settings uses when you toggle the "Show Date" option on? (the one that shows a small date below the status bar clock). I'd like it to match the default font.

11. macrumors newbie

Yes, I can also confirm. Lockscreen Settings works perfectly for me and it's free!

12. macrumors 68000

pooleman

Yes it works. But how can I remove the shaded bars but keep the clock?

13. macrumors 65816

Grayburn

Search Cydia for Fullscreen Lockscreen in the ModMyi repo. This removes all the shaded areas behind the clock & slider, it also removes the status bar.

14. macrumors 68000

pooleman

But it uses winter board right?

15. macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

negative