Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drewel, Aug 29, 2004.

1. drewel macrumors member

drewel

I have iChat 2.1 & AIM 4.7 both installed on my Mac. I also have an AIM username as well as .Mac. I have been unable to log into either using iChat. Under iChat, the "Log in to AIM" is greyed out. This one is troubling to me how to log in. I can't seem to find a solution here. Anyone have this same issue & how was it fixed?

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Ok, this is very simple. You first need to go into preferences under iChat and input your AIM info. Then you can log into AIM

3. drewel thread starter macrumors member

drewel

thanks for your reply. However, I have the same problem with "Log in to AIM" still greyed out. I have the most recent versions of each. When I do enter the info. into iChat, there is no way to save the username or PW so when I close my iChat window, I can go back to preferences & my Username & PW are both missing.

4. himmelreich macrumors newbie

same here!!

Using iChat 2.1, on 12" iBook G4 800 mhz running 10.3.5. Exactly the same problem. It lets me enter AIM login info but there's no "save" option. When I close the window and go to "login to AIM" option, it's greyed out. Been driving me nuts.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

6. himmelreich macrumors newbie

thanks for responding, emw. I tried your suggestion of repairing permissions using Disk Utility, but after doing so iChat still behaves as it did before.

any other ideas? :(

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

You could try deleting the preferences files (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ichat....plist). There are several of them.

8. himmelreich macrumors newbie

w00t!

fantastic, that did the trick. you are a genius, thanks!

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

No, a genius would have gotten it on the first try. ;)

I just have a little troubleshooting experience... :D