Logging on to Macrumours

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Mar 16, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

do all of you have to log in before you post something or does it automaticaly
    go to the thread you want

It sucks now I have to log in all the time
    I checked all my Cookies and only has a session cookie not the all the logged in one or something like that

is it internet explorer or just macrumours

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

It's you, buddy. It's not IE, it's not Mac Rumors. Try deleting your Mac Rumors cookie... that might work.

3. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

4. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

While you're right that deleting the cookies usually fixes it, I wouldn't be so quick to say it's just him.. Since installing 10.1.3, three of the five machines I have put it on have developed IEmnesia. Mass-cookie-deletion has worked on 2 of them, but the PBG4 with 10.1.3 and IE has simply gone catatonic where settings are concerned. Each reboot greets me with the downloads going to the desktop, the ungodly blue-like browser color, go button restored, and explorer bar staring me in the face... all things that I turn off and adjust each and every time. Multiple deletions of the preferences and cookies has done precisely nothing.

Sooo... while I am all for deleting cookies and preferences and acknowledge that it works most of the time, it's not a panacea.

5. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

when I upgraded to OS 9.2.2 when it came out my cookies went wacko and they were all stuffed up

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I haven't had to log in on any of the computers I use to post here....permanent cookie I suppose?

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Permanent Cookie

I have yet to have problems with my macrumors cookie. I've only been a member for a month, but my cookie hasn't gone stale.

Hmmmm...... I wonder what kind of preservatives they use? :p