Logic 7 Constantly Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by supergod, Jul 20, 2005.

1. supergod macrumors 6502

I use Logic 7 Express. Since I upgraded to OS 10.4.2 it started crashing on a daily basis: when opening the program the screen comes down that says "You must restart your computer" in every language and I need to do a hard reset. I posted about my problems on these forums and someone said that it was a common problem that could be fixed with an upgrade to 7.1 so I bought the disk and did the upgrade. The problem is still exactly the same.

I am not using any imcompatible Audio Units. My machine is a Power Mac G5 1.6ghz that is kept in perfect condition with regular maintenance: I did not spend hundreds (thousands) of dollars just to have an audio setup that crashes half the time. If you have any suggestions or a similar experience please post.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Did you just apply the upgrade, or did you delete Logic entirely, and reinstall from scratch? Most upgrades don't replace the entire codebase, but just specific parts (but I can't tell you specifically how this program's upgade installer acts)

If you haven't done the total remove and reinstall, please consider it.
    A kernel panic indicates that the program has gone out of bounds in a serious way; if it is persistent with one particular application, one thing would be to conclude that the software on the hard drive was damaged.