Logic 7 STILL 2-3 weeks??!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zimtheinvader, May 17, 2005.

1. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

Hi,
    I'm trying to get an edu copy of Logic 7 express, but the est. ship date has been 2-3 weeks for almost a month now, does anyone know if or when this will ship?
    I really don't care that much about waiting for an update but have been planning to get his for a while! :(

2. paulsabo macrumors newbie

You may just want to "Froogle" it or try Amazon.com
    You may find it hard to get an Educational price but, I've found often enough that it's can sometimes be easier and cheaper to buy Apple products from retailers other than Apple. Does'nt make sense. There are some new & used copies for around $200.

Paul

3. Steve Austin macrumors newbie

need help

I have a G3 600 hz 640 ram lap top and i have recently got logic express , I tried to record vocals then half way through it i started getting this crackle type sound ... Do you know why

4. zimtheinvader thread starter macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

whoohoo back instock now!!

Re:Steve Austin, what is the cpu meter reading? Also, what is your setup, have you tried exchaning the cords, or is this only when recording? Those are the only main factors I ran into problems with using Logic 6.

5. Steve Austin macrumors newbie

Hey how you doing.

my CPU reading is pretty normal. I checked it after thinking it may of been my desk . Do you reckon the fact that i only have 600 hz will have any effect, maybe my mac isn't fast enough

6. zimtheinvader thread starter macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

my older PM got wierd and broke up sometimes in Logic Pro 6 occassionally when playing/recording, I thought it was the interface, but having disconnected it and having the same problem using just the built-in audio, I ended up concluding that it was because my cpu was hitting the wall. On a PMG5 dual/2GB ram at work I've never had this problem which would also seem to reinforce this hypothesis. Your system sounds like it should be ok for basic multitracking, though my g4 800/1gbram system was choking with only a few plugins, maybe a faster machine or more ram? I was having this problem mostly in OSX btw, anyway...good luck!