logic board kaputt

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by toezter, May 10, 2005.

1. toezter macrumors regular

toezter

sad to say as of now, today, this moment, my g3 ibook's logic board has (i believe) passed away.

very disappointed mind you since i JUST bought my powerbook, and had sold my ibook to my mom for emailing, which now she can't use.

has anyone recently done the logic board replacement? what is the cost? i have no apple care plan, and i am not the first owner of this ibook.

hlp plz.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

3. shorty116 macrumors member

you won't need apple care, if it is really the logic board apple will replace it up to 3 years after purchasing date. if not, the repair would cost 500$ - 600$...

4. jubjub macrumors member

I've done two replacements. Went surprisingly fast (even though they sent it to the Netherlands). If you have the "right" model there should be no problems.

Good luck

5. California macrumors 68040

California

I'd send it to Daystar for a CPU upgrade; they can test and probably repair the board at the same time and for your money, they will upgrade the CPU.

6. toezter thread starter macrumors regular

toezter

you've got to be kidding me.

its past 3 years im guessing, and i bought it used :rolleyes: currently on hold on apple tech support.

EDIT:
    alright, just got off the phone. the ibook qualifies, and i'm not going to be charged, thank you. suprisingly i bought it used too. *wipes off sweat*