Logic Board Replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by JazzMan10, Aug 8, 2006.

1. JazzMan10 macrumors newbie

I believe i am eligable to fix my MBPs CPU whine with a logic board replacement.

How long does it take? I am leaving for school in a couple weeks so it needs to be done by then. Also, will my hard drive be affected in anyway? Do they even look at the hard drive? I have some programs that I have gotten from friends, nothing major, but better to be safe than sorry, should I erase them?

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Before I returned my last faulty iMac, the Apple rep actually asked me if I had any pirated programs on it. Not directly, but something along the lines of "Do you currently have any programs installed for which you do not own the licenses?". Of course, it's not like they can tell, and it's not really their business, though they may try to see if any of those programs you have are causing the problems you're having. I always back up my machine before anyone looks at it, just in case, anyways. There was a case on these forums earlier where someone got his hard drive wiped by Apple during a different repair, and he hadn't done a backup. They will replace what they think is responsible, so do a backup.