Logic Compatible with Mbox2?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by mashinhead, Oct 18, 2006.

1. macrumors 68020

so i need an audio interface that is compatible with logic and Protools LE, protools is only compatible with digidesign hw only so is the mbox compatible with logic?

2. macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I think the MBox is compatible, but not particularly desirable.
    Look into ProTools 7 M-Powered, which allows you to choose from a variety of M-Audio Firewire interfaces, which are Logic compatible and have a range of better features than the MBox.

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

m-powered came with it, a demo version which i installed, but i can't use the demo version without a key that i don't have

4. macrumors 6502

JHacker

I have used Garageband with my MBox to plug my guitar in as an amp, so if it works with Garageband, I would assume it would work with Logic?

I love Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 though, so maybe check out PT, it's cheaper than Logic also.

5. macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Pro Tools hardware is notorious with not working well with Logic. The drivers are the problem. See the Logic apple discussion forum for lots of details.

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

so what is the solution, i want to use both, (primarily logic) but i don't want to have to buy two seperate audio interfaces, or is that the only option.

7. macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

8. macrumors 6502a

Does anybody here use Protools?

I think it's great, and use it for university. I currently have an assignment to edit 45 mins of recorded concert seemlessly down to a 2:30 piece. I can only do this using protools, and the only gripe i have with the thing is that even though i don't want to use any hardware (only the software for sound editing) i still need to buy a £300 mbox and then have it connected to the device.

Quite Sneaky.

9. macrumors 601

zimv20

i do: LE.

do you mean to say that PT is all you have access to, or that PT is the only program that can do this? ('cuz that'd be incorrect)

dunno if it qualifies as "sneaky", because it's no secret. digi is a hardware company, much in the way that apple is: you gotta buy the h/w to run the s/w.

personally, i think the digi h/w, at the LE level anyway, is overpriced and of poor sonic quality. luckily, my 002r is "open" enough that i can bypass its pre's and converters. and if i want to make it sound much better*, i can always get the black lion mod. in fact i chatted with them this afternoon.

* as claimed by some