Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RogerTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
Atlanta
Hi, I'm trying to find out how to splice a wave file in LogicExpress8 to change the tempo of a recording. LogicExpress9 has the Flex tool and the splicing function available in two clicks. However, I have LogicExpress8 and the Flex tool is not available. I can't find any reference to perform splicing and tempo change in the user manual for LogicExpress8 either.

My iMac is an older version running on PowerPC instead of Intel, which doesn't allow me to upgrade to LogicExpress9. So, I need to know if there is any way to accomplish changing the tempo of an imported wave file in LogicExpress8.

Thank you so much for your input. :(

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi, I'm trying to find out how to splice a wave file in LogicExpress8 to change the tempo of a recording. LogicExpress9 has the Flex tool and the splicing function available in two clicks. However, I have LogicExpress8 and the Flex tool is not available. I can't find any reference to perform splicing and tempo change in the user manual for LogicExpress8 either.

My iMac is an older version running on PowerPC instead of Intel, which doesn't allow me to upgrade to LogicExpress9. So, I need to know if there is any way to accomplish changing the tempo of an imported wave file in LogicExpress8.

Thank you so much for your input. :(

You might have to look for some third party software, Audacity is free and I know it can time streach audio. Maybe there are others.

RogerTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
Atlanta
Quantizing ???

You might have to look for some third party software, Audacity is free and I know it can time streach audio. Maybe there are others.
Thanks. Yeah, I have read about Audacity and also Iced Audio before and I went to the web site, but, didn't download them. I want to explore and exhaust all my possibilities of finding what I need in Logic itself before working with third parties. Some other folks also suggested me to swap to Cubase, but, again I can go crazy cyber shopping for tons of tools. Thanks again for your answer. I'll keep Audacity in mind if I don't get anywhere with Logic.

Back to Logic, I went into the Sample Editor, Factory, Quantize Engine ... trying to see what I get from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.