Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emogu2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Since upgrading to 10.6, I've run into a glitch in Logic Pro that never appeared before the upgrade. When I open the external midi device window (by double-clicking the icon next to the instrument name in the track), it only appears for a brief instant before closing itself. It's pretty annoying because its through this window that I'm able to keep the settings for my external synth.

Below is an image I was able to capture of the window that keeps crashing, for clarity. Anyone have any tips? I've upgraded to Logic 9 in an attempt to get passed this problem, but it still persists. I'm fresh out of ideas.
2dtuolh.png

jameslgardner

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Logic glitch in Snow Leopard

I'm experiencing the very same problem with an external synth (Yamaha S90ES) voice list. It worked great in Leopard; immediately after installing SL, the problem arose. I suspect a midi driver incompatibility, particularly since when I open the Yamaha midi preferences window, SL goes into 32bit mode. I imagine if won't get fixed until new drivers come out. Quite annoying.

In the mean time, I'm just feeding in the midi setting from the keyboard and set up an audioinst track to pull the External input as usual.

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.